Requesting a Review
Books for review tend to come from the reviewer’s own to-be-read list, books requested through NetGalley or Blogging for Books, and ones requested directly from an author or publisher. Author and publisher requests for review are also considered, with the caveat that reviews published here are always based on an honest opinion of the book. To request a book review, the following criteria should be met:
- The book should fall into one or more of the following genres: m/m romance, science fiction, fantasy, paranormal, mystery, young adult, historical fiction (these are the ones most read by the blog’s reviewer(s) and it makes it easier to provide an effective review).
- You should be able and willing to provide a review copy – either a physical copy/paperback or ebook (.mobi or .pdf is preferred).
- Be able to provide the review copy at least 30 days prior to either the book’s release or the date by which you would like the review to be completed.
Reviews will be posted on here on the blog as well as on Goodreads and Amazon.com (if applicable). Reviews may be on other sites (publishers, additional retailers, etc.) if appropriate or if specifically requested.
Send your request to reviews [at] convergencebookreviews.com with the following information:
- Title & Author
- Genre and Basic Description
- Length (pages and/or word count)
- Date of release or requested review posting
- Format to be provided (paperback/pdf/mobi)
- Any sites where you would like to see the review posted other than those listed above
- Other information you think I should know
You will receive a response within 5 days to confirm or request additional information.
Note: As of December 2014, this blog has a policy of not posting one or two star reviews. Those reviews may be posted in spaces where they can exist in the context of other reviews (Goodreads, retailer sites, etc.) but will not be published here. If a reviewer gives a book a rating of lower than three stars, the review will not be posted and the provider of the book for review will be notified.